Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to questions about our price protection and payment options
- Q: Do you provide 24-hour service?
- Q: How long do customers have to wait for emergency service?
- Q: Do you use your own installation specialists or do you hire subcontractors?
- Q: How long does it take to get an estimate on a new heating system?
- Q: Approximately how long does it take you to complete an installation of a heating system?
- Q: Is annual maintenance necessary?
- Q: How do I know what size system to install?
HEATING OIL PRICES:
- Q: Are your prices competitive?
- Q: Which way are prices likely to go?
- Q: If I choose a budget plan with Van Doren Oil, how do you come up with my monthly payment?
A: Yes, we offer service 24 hours a day, every day of the year!
A: On average, we will get to you within two hours.
A: We use only our own certified technicians to install new heating systems. We never hire subcontractors. Our technicians are among the most highly trained in the industry.
A: Usually it’s only a matter of one day. We can come out to your home at your convenience to determine and recommend the right size system for you.
A: Although every job is different and some take longer than others, it usually takes one day.
A: Absolutely. In our area, heating systems work hard. When anything is operating virtually nonstop for months on end, it needs regular maintenance—just like your car. Without the regular maintenance of a tune-up, you lose efficiency and money. In addition, regular maintenance can extend the life of your equipment.
A: The experts at VAN DOREN OIL will be happy to come to your home and perform all calculations. They will then be able to recommend a system that is the correct size and model to meet your home’s requirements. For more details, just contact us.
HEATING OIL PRICES
A: Yes. One of the things that allows us to be competitive is our storage capacity. We buy in larger quantities than some fuel dealers, which means a lower cost for us and a lower price for you. It’s also important to remember that as a full-service fuel company our prices may not always be the lowest in our market. But we offer you advantages that fuel discounters don’t—like a dedicated team of highly-trained technicians, some of whom are always on call for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
A: We wish we could tell you, but we have no idea. There are so many factors that could send prices up or down at any time. Just look at 2008, when many analysts were saying oil could go up to $200 a barrel, but then it dropped to $50 a barrel instead. In two of the last four years, prices dropped during the heating season. There’s really no way to predict fuel prices.
A: We take the number of gallons you used last year, multiplied by projected prices for the coming season, apply any credit balance on your account and divided the total by 12 months.